Caterpillar equips every Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB engine with ACERT™ technology with an ideal combination of electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components, based on engine size, the type of application and the geographic location in which it will work.
Applying technologies systematically and strategically optimizes them to meet our customers’ high expectations for productivity, fuel efficiency, reliability and service life.
The right technology fine-tuned for the right application results in:
- Improved fuel efficiency up to 5 percent improvement in fuel efficiency.
- Power and performance: integrated design boosts power and performance across applications.
- Reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized uptime and reduced cost thanks to support from Eneria.
- Long life: Cat durability and long life to overhaul
- Minimized impact of service and maintenance on operating costs
- Smooth transition to Tier 4 final: design and modular aftertreatment pave the way for a smooth transition to Tier 4 Final/Stage IV solution.
- Reduced emissions up to 90 percent reduction in particulate matter (pm) and 50 percent reduction in oxides of nitrogen (NOx)
The entire line of Cat tier 4 interim/Stage IIIB engines is precisely engineered, rigorously tested and validated and built for the reliability and durability you count on from Cat.
- The electronics used in Cat® Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB engines are more powerful and robust than ever.
- To maximize customer value, Caterpillar engineers specified fuel systems based on the power and performance demands for each engine.
- Cat Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB engines feature innovative air-management systems that optimize airflow and enhance power, efficiency and reliability.
- The result of more than a decade of Caterpillar engineering research into this technology, the Cat NOx Reduction System is designed to be the most reliable system of its type.
- To meet Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB emissions standards and beyond, Cat aftertreatment components have been designed to match application needs.