What is changing?
- The purpose of this communication is to advise Dealers and Customer Worldwide is increasing the warranty on Cat® parts used in Marine Applications from 6 months to 1 year per warranty statement SELF5517.
- Warranty Statement SELF5517 contains all final terms and conditions all final terms and conditions that apply to this warranty extension.
Will this include all Marine Parts?
- Yes, the warranty covers all Cat parts used in Cat Marine Engines, Cat Marine Generator Sets, Cat Branded Marine Control Systems and Cat Branded Marine Transmissions.
Does this change improve our warranty as relative to our competitors?
- This change will ensure that Caterpillar is at the current industry standard of one year parts warranty.
Why is this change being made?
- Caterpillar Marine “Listened to our Customers” and ascertained that our Customers wanted 12 months Parts Warranty and Caterpillar is respondingto this request.
Will this change be retroactive?
- No, the warranty is a legal agreement and as such is for all parts sold or utilized in service work on or after June 1, 2012.
Will Caterpillar parts pricing be increased as a result of this change?
Share the post "MARINE PARTS WARRANTY EXTENSION FROM 6 MONTHS TO 1 YEAR"